The national Green Care coordination project supports the launch of regional Green Care projects and arranges networking and theme events. Discussion and contacts between operators in the Green Care sector, as well as sharing knowledge and tried and tested practices are key to development in the sector. The coordination project develops the Green Care brand with the help of the project quality label devised in the project. The project will also produce a Green Care portal which will be a central information resource in the sector. A Green Care Strategy for 2020 will also be defined.
Quality label for Green Care activities being developed
The Green Care brand is defined in more detail in the project and the National Institute for Health and Welfare, THL, is responsible for work regarding the Green Care quality label. The label will be completed by the end of August 2016, followed by initiation of related training.
Green Care information to be compiled in one portal
The Green Care coordination project actively disseminates information about the sector The existing website of Green Care Finland is developed into a Green Care portal to allow various target groups to find the information they need as easily as possible (www.gcfinland.fi).
A national effort by regional forces
The project will promote cooperation and information exchange between Green Care operators and projects in different regions. Regional coordinators support the launch of regional Green Care projects and organise networking and thematic events in collaboration with regional projects.
Lapland, Kainuu and Northern Ostrobothnia: Sanna Vinblad, Lapland University of Applied Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 701 2238.
Ostrobothnia, South Ostrobothnia, Central Ostrobothnia, Central Finland and Satakunta: Anne Matilainen, Ruralia Institute, email@example.com, +358 50 4151 156
North Karelia, North and South Savo and South-East Finland: Marita Mattila, Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 312 5094
Pirkanmaa, Häme, Southwest Finland and Uusimaa (and national coordination): Elina Vehmasto, Luke Natural Resources Institute Finland, email@example.com, +358 29 532 661
At the national level, the project offers:
- Contacts with Green Care project operators in different regions.
- Information about projects implemented in other regions.
- Information about Green Care issues developed and coordinated at the national level.
- The possibility of participating in development events organised in all regions.
- The possibility to be involved in the development of Green Care activities at the national level.
In regions, the project offers:
- Contacts and a peer information channel with other Green Care project operators in the region, for instance through networking and development events organised in the region.
- Information about ongoing and planned projects – to coordinate the contents of projects in the region so as to complement each other.
- The opportunity to be involved in building the region's common Green Care network and development activities.